Berkeley, CA 94710
- American, Barbecue, Soul Food, Southern
- Sun 10:30am-10pm, Mon-Thu 11:30am-10pm, Fri 11:30am-11pm, Sat 10:30am-11pm
- MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
- Patio/Sidewalk Dining, Takeout, Delivery, Private Party
- Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
- Full bar
- Accepted, Recommended for Large Parties
- Free, Lot Available
SF Weekly's Description
Upscale barbecue (and fancy cocktails) from the people who also run Lalime's, Sea Salt, and Jimmy Bean's, in a bright and airy modern two-story space. Starters include raw oysters and steamed clams with pork as well as onion rings and spicy chicken drumsticks; mains feature grilled veal sweetbreads and New York strip steak in addition to the section called "The Reason You Are Here": spareribs, brisket, and pulled pork. And it's that Berkeley rarity, a restaurant open after 10 p.m.
Tips from foursquare
Mac & Cheese
Happy hour rules. $1 tacos, $3 pints. Come form 3-6 every day. Great for kids too.
Upstairs is lounge chair seating, goes perfectly with the happy hour vibe.
Derbies, Ginger presses and orders of mac and cheese keep luring me back here.
I just want to add that the T-Rex crowd is rather strange; something about smoked meats??? plus I just ran into a weirdo from Grindr!! Haha
More Southern Restaurants in San Francisco / Bay Area
Reviews and News
More Southern Restaurants
Fri, 8:00 pm
Sat, 8:00 pm
Berkeley Repertory's Thrust Stage
Aurora Theatre Company
The Marsh Berkeley
Thu, 8:00 pm
See More Events