00000 - 00000 of 00000
00,000 of 00,000
La Palma Ristorante seems entirely designed for date nights and wedding receptions. The historic 1924 building features an elegant dining room of white linen-draped tables, dark wooden chairs (covered in linens for special events), and fine paintings that line the walls. A wrought iron arched entryway leads into a picturesque courtyard lit by candles and strings of light entangled in the trees; cascading water gurgles from a stone fountain while a piano player hits soft notes. While incredibly romantic, ambiance unfortunately trumps the cuisine - basic, uninventive Italian dishes that teeter between acceptable and bland. The best would be ossobuco alla veneta ($35), a braised center-cut veal shank served on a bed of risotto and accompanied by cherry tomatoes and asparagus. Mezze luna tortellini ($11.25), moon-shaped pasta filled with pumpkin purée, are served in a light sauce of butter and sage that pairs nicely. Nearly all other meat, poultry, and seafood dishes come with humdrum overcooked carrots and potatoes. The inexpensive daily buffet ($12.95) is popular with the business-lunch crowd, and features an assortment of salads, soups, pastas, cheeses, and fruits alongside rotating menu items or special daily creations.
I'd like to start by saying I've never written review before, but my experience in this restaurant was so bad... I just had to throw it under a bus! We went with my family for mothers day 2013.
1. It was 38 bucks a person and you only get one mimosa or one soft drink. NO REFILLS
2. The reservation was lost and I was forced to wait 45 minutes till a table was made available for 11 people.
3. They intentionally overbooked (to fill gaps incase a party didn't show up)
4. This place inside is very narrow with the station smack in the middle. It was sooo crowded!
5. While sitting down I was constantly bumped around by people walking to the station.
6. They have maybe 3 things that are absolutely delish.. the rest is average. Not worth the $$$$
To La Palma Management.... You need to get your crap together. Mothers day was disastrous! Parties outside yelling because their reservations were "lost" or never made. You have successfully managed to make a beautiful restaurant small and claustrophobic! Who knows.. maybe that was what you guys were aiming for. For people to eat as quick as possible and get out so can ruin some other mothers special day and cash in.
Shame on you for such poor management.
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city